Thursday, July 23, 2009

To you, my love

To you, my love

Homeward bound went I
In the month of June.
To my family in spirits high
Singing a merry tune!

Four weeks at home ahead
Surrounded by love and care;
Hot meals, a soft bed
And thoroughly fabulous fare!

Never did I suspect then
That life's a funny game;
Little did I expect when
I'd meet a pretty dame!

I remember the day we first met
At Café Coffee Day.
The time was right, the scene was set
But we didn't know what to say!

Then I looked up at your face
And saw a warm glow.
From nowhere, with serious pace
Words began to flow.

Something clicked, something jelled
Magic was in the air.
A voice within my head yelled
That I'd found my maiden fair!

I could see you liked me too
From thine honest, sparkling eyes.
My dream of long had come true
In you, beautiful and wise!

I must have had luck profound
My heart leapt with joy.
To the wonderful person I had found
No match, the Helen of Troy!

We got engaged in a short while
Amidst friends and family.
With your radiant beaming smile
Photographed for posterity!

Before long I had to go
And we sat hand in hand.
I realised I was going to miss you so-
A feeling I couldn't stand!

Time went by too fast alas!
I had to say goodbye.
Not a moment since has passed
In my heart without a heavy sigh!

I'm far away, by many a mile
You I badly miss.
In person to behold your beautiful smile-
Is now my only wish!

4 comments:

vidya said...

That is beautiful.. I am so touched by the truth in your heart. So happy for u anna :)
For love is rare and divine,
And that which comes unexpected can only be matched by the glow of morning sunshine .
The agony and pain will vanish in days,
Only the truth remains that she will be yours soon and love will triumph as always!

Aditi Tolia said...

Shayaar miyaan, mubarak ho. To aakhir aapko pyar ho hi gaya!!
Or lemme put it, finally you can officially write lines for a dame and publish it too!! Ooops... did I land you in trouble!

Damu said...

Rama sir, neenga engeyo poiteenga.

Pal said...

Shakespeare in love :)