Thursday, April 21, 2005

Dr. Kanagaraj passes away

Dear friends,

I am stunned beyond words and numbed beyond reaction after reading the sad news in my mail about the passing away of one of KCT's best Mathematics Professors, Dr. Kanagaraj.

For all of you from KCT who knew Dr. Kanagaraj, this must be a rude shock indeed. From what I gather, he had left KCT a year or so ago to pursue better prospects. He had travelled to Africa and had been there for most of the time since. It was in Africa (I know not where yet) that he sufferred a massive heart-attack and succumbed to it on the 18th of this month.

In his mail my friend has mentioned that he was having health problems and had planned to return to India shortly.

Please join me, my friends, in praying for the dear departed soul of Dr. Kanagaraj. I am sure we have many moments to remember and cherish from our interactions with him during our days in KCT. Under his tutelage the entire student community of KCT had been blessed with a wonderful Maths Teacher and he was a frontrunner in making KCT's Math Department one of the best in engineering colleges of repute in the State.

I shall remember him as an honourable gentleman with great intellectual capabilities.

May God provide his family and near and dear ones the strength to bear this deep loss and gently ease their profound grief.

That such a strong man should suddenly be called by God to his Kingdom prematurely is still beyond my limited scope of understanding. Times are strange indeed.

I sign off with a heavy heart.

Ram.

2 comments:

Vinod said...

Smashing guy,

In my blog, you had mentioned about the death of a math teacher from school? were you mentioning about krishnaswamy sir?

Vinod

Smashinguy said...

Hi Morpheus, I guess you know me...Ramachandran from 1998-2002 CSE. :-)

Vinod, yes, I was referring to the late Mr. Krishnaswamy. For someone from Lisieux-KCT, it is quite a tragedy.