Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Kangaroo Jack from Melbourne

Hello everyone!

I had a long but quite comfortable flight to Melbourne. There was a long stop-over in Singapore and in my Singapore-Melbourne flight, I mostly slept. It so happened that someone I knew from IBM was on the same Bangalore-Singapore flight. So we passed the time together in Singapore airport. Singapore airport is a fascinating place. It is so beautifully designed and comfortable.

I converted some Aussie dollars for Singapore dollars and had a cup of hot cocoa for S$4.00! One S$ = Rs. 28/-. Well, I felt quite full in my stomach after that drink!

My flight SQ217 landed at the Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne. I caught a cab from the airport and the taxi driver, after a little bit of searching found the address and I met Sathish Ganesh there. He leads the onsite team and is a nice guy. Already met couple of other veggie guys too.

It is overcast and temperature hovers around 16-20 degrees. Quite comfortable actually.

My apartment (a temp 2 bedroom one) is lavishly furnished. It is like the designer apartments that we see on TV interior design shows. A state of the art futuristic apartment. I will send pics later. In a week I will move into another apartment (a 1 Bedroom one) and that will be my place for a long time come.

I plan to get and stock provisions this evening. I am told all Indian items are available here from a SriLankan store nearby.

I have to open my bank account here in a day or two.

I came to office here just in time for a photo shoot of the whole team. I got a PMI T-Shirt and a place in the team photo.

Will keep you posted from down under regularly.

Hakuna Matata! No Worries!

No comments: